Environment and Quality Manager
Wallenius Marine AB is a world leading Shipmanagement and Ship Design company and has for decades been leading the way towards truly sustainable shipping. Focus on the environment is key to Wallenius Marine. In addition to traditional managing and crewing, we are also a realiable partner when it comes to designing, building, recycling and carefully maintaining sustainability throughout a vessel’s lifetime. Wallenius Marine employs some 1,000 Swedish and international crewmembers as well as about 100 land-based co-workers in Sweden and Singapore.
To help Wallenius Marines continued success we are looking for person to lead our environment and quality management. The position involves development of our Business Management System, as well as ensuring compliance with it. The role is crucial to ensure a unified way of working, in a company that aims to continually improve and stay a frontrunner within shipping.
The position is based in Stockholm but travelling will be required.
The role as Environment and Quality manager will have the following main responsibilities:
- Responsible for Business Management System and the development and optimization of the same.
- Responsible for sustainability work within the organisation.
- Lead the improvement work by investigating and analysing improvement proposals in collaboration with process owners.
- To Monitor, analyse process KPIs, compile reports and identify need and opportunities for improvement
- Process modelling and continuous development and digitizing of processes.
- Responsible for that the Business Management system comply with relevant ISO standards.
- Responsible for internal and external audits regarding ISO 9001 and 14001, ISM, ISPS, MLC.
- Lead the internal audit work and the internal auditor group (consisting of persons from Stockholm and Singapore)
- You have a relevant academic degree preferably as a Nautical/Technical officer or equivalent education as process developer or similar.
- You have knowledge and experience from working with process-oriented management systems. It´s an advantage if you also have experience as a Project leader, controller or experience from process management.
- You should have experience of ISO 9001 and 14001.
- Lead Auditor qualification
- Oriented in the basics of the environmental and sustainability challenges.
- It is meriting if you have experience from the shipping industry.
- Swedish fluently in speech and writing.
- English fluently in speech and writing.
As a person you should be analytical, have ability to work independently, take initiatives as well as being decisive team-and result oriented. You should be a good communicator and a great leader with a problem-solving approach.
As the role as demands a high pace at times as well as an ability to implement changes, we will place great significance on personal qualities such as integrity and accuracy. Excellent structure and coordination skills as well as high computer knowledge are also crucial to be successful in this role.
Please send your application and CV to email@example.com as soon as possible as selection will take place continuously and latest at March 31st 2019.For further information, please contact Eva Wiberg firstname.lastname@example.org