Are you technically skilled with 5-10 years of experience as a rating or other work with ship repair and maintenance, and eager to join a technical team that is key to keeping tug boats operational and ensuring continued services to our clients?
Svitzer Scandinavia+Germany is looking for a service minded service technician based in Gothenburg, to work closely together with colleagues onboard our tugs as well as the technical and operations shore teams, to ensure proper maintenance and repair of our tug boats.
Svitzer (part of A.P. Møller-Maersk Group) is the largest global towage company.
You will be part of Svitzer Scandinavia Technical team, who are a group of engaged and technically expert colleagues located in Sweden and Denmark.
The Technical Team supports our Danish and Swedish tugs to ensure technical issues are resolved and tugs are operational. You will have a direct impact on our operations and ensuring that we can conduct our core business.
The position will allow the successful candidate to become an expert technical problem solver, finding creative solutions and develop strong stakeholder management skills.
You will be part of a truly international organisation constantly striving for improving our operations.
Your workplace is Svitzer Scandinavia, Gothenburg. Travel will be required especially between Denmark and Sweden.
Key tasks will be to support tugs with solving technical issues, assist with modifications on the vessels and warehouse management for spare parts.
You will be responsible for ensuring spare parts are available in the right place at the right time, at times requiring transportation of parts between Denmark and Sweden and receiving and delivering goods.
Who we are looking for
- Independent and able to drive tasks forward
- Collaborative and service minded
- Technical skilled professional preferably with prior experience in anchor handling or other similar marine operations
- Fork-life certificate and truck license (CE körkort)
- It is an advantage if you have a commercial drivers license and vehicle mounted crane license, as well as welding experience and salvage knowledge
- You may have a background as rating (motorman, repairman, able seaman)
- Fluency in Swedish, and basic verbal and written English
Kindly attach a motivational letter to your application describing why you are a good fit to the role and to Svitzer.
We will be reviewing and interviewing applicants on an ongoing basis, so we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.