Superintendent Engineer two-stroke for MAN PrimeServ Gothenburg
Are you an experienced marine engineer? Do you want to work with high-end diesel and duel fuel engine technology?
Join a truly international environment in a world leader within diesel engine technology. You will become a key resource within maintenance and repair of two-stroke diesel engines, and you get to assert your expertise and develop your skills further.
MAN Energy Solutions is offering a strong after sales service with a clear performance commitment, qualified and reliable experts and tailor-made solutions – all combined in our global service brand MAN PrimeServ. Our approach is simple, yet effective: Premium service performed with passion meeting every customer’s needs. We take the best people, qualify them professionally, listen to our customers, and provide optimum flexibility and reliability in the services we offer.
We provide our customers with outstanding services, we transfer the three MAN PrimeServ key-messages in everything we do: Customer Proximity, Solution Orientation and Technical Competence.
MAN – we move the whole world
At MAN Energy Solutions Sverige AB, you will join our PrimeServ department with a dedicated team focusing on supporting ship owners in Sweden, Finland and the Baltic countries. We provide service for our customer’s vessels in various ports around Europe and in our workshop in Gothenburg.
Plan and execute inspections
Your primary task will be to plan and execute scheduled inspections and service jobs onboard vessels with MAN two-stroke diesel and duel fuel engines. You will do troubleshooting and reporting aimed at solving engine-related problems, and you will train and provide technical advice to vessel crew and owners.
This means that you also:
- Support vessel owners and their crew with technical guidance regarding repair solutions and general supervision
- Prepare vessel attendance prior to job start – this includes arranging relevant drawings, spare parts and other required information to complete the job
- Perform scheduled service jobs and inspections, both at our site in Gothenburg, as well as travel to the vessels in different ports in Europe.
- Prepare reports and ensure follow-ups for owners after a completed job
- Handle daily mail correspondences and performance evaluations when not assigned to a job.
Next step in your career – join us in PrimeServ Gothenburg
Working in MAN PrimeServ, you will be part of an inspiring, international working environment, and you will be in close collaboration with your colleagues all over the world. You will be a key resource in our team of excellence and the link to our two-stroke customers.
Experienced and independent engineer
In this position, it is important that you have the ability to work with professional confidence and a high degree of independency as you one time supervise colleagues, the next time you are doing a one man job as well as supporting vessel owners and their crew with technical support. As such, you are open-minded and excited about working in a multicultural environment. At the same time, you are a team player with excellent communication and networking skills.
- Qualified as marine engineer with at least 5 years of professional seagoing experience with two-stroke engines as first or chief engineer.
- Have solid knowledge of two-stroke engines
- Have knowledge of and flair for trouble-shooting of complex systems in general
- Speak and write English effortlessly
For further information about the position, please contact Service Manager Niklas Palmqvist at +46 708 79 68 12 or by mail email@example.com.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject Prime Serve.