Technical Superintendent – Gothenburg
Technical Superintendent to Floatel International
Floatel International is an International Group established in 2006 with management located in Gothenburg, Sweden. Floatel operate a modern fleet of accommodation and construction support vessels (floatels) for the oil and gas industry in the world. The fleet is designed to meet the increased demands set by new challenging projects in deep water and hostile environments. Floatel International strives to provide superior living standard and support services.
We are now looking to employ one Technical Superintendent to our office in Gothenburg, Sweden.
As a Technical Superintendent you will be part of our Technical Department and work closely together with the other members of the department and have daily contact with crewmembers offshore. You will be the onshore responsible for the supervision of technical support, repair and maintenance of one or more of the vessels in our fleet. You will ensure that the vessel is kept in good condition and in accordance with company standards and decisions. As Technical Superintendent, you are also responsible for the budget for this work.
You report to the Technical Manager but you will also belong to a Rig Team where you assist the Rig Manager in all operational activities regarding the class, national authorities, technical issues and other relevant matters in the field of operation.
The duties will also involve being Project Manager for minor conversion work on the vessel.
You will be required to travel frequently.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the onshore technical support to the vessel, with special attention to technical performance, repair and maintenance
- Managing inspection and other review work of his/her discipline, and liaise with the Rig Manager to ensure that the highest standards of quality, safety and operational efficiency are upheld across the fleet
- Responsible for minor conversion, repair and maintenance work including budget
- Ensure that Class reviews and controls are done on timely manner and are up to date
- Ensure that all Class and other technical certification are valid
- Participation in the preparation of the rig annual repair and maintenance budget and supporting the Rig Manager in the cost follow up and forecasting procedure
- Support the purchase department in selection and evaluation of subcontractors and vendors. Provide approval and control of marine related purchases and procurement
- Attending on board during audits, vessel inspection and projects elsewhere when required
- Responsible for monthly KPI reporting related to repair and maintenance
- Be cross fleet responsible for one or more technical areas of expertise
- The Technical Superintendent is a member of the emergency response organization
Education / Training
- B.Sc. Marine Engineering or M.Sc. in relevant engineering field
- Proven Project Management skills
- Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
- Good knowledge in MS Office software package.
- Able to interact and communicate well with all levels of management and personnel.
- Thorough Experience from a similar leading position onshore or offshore
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience from a leading position in ship system operation and maintenance
We offer a role with a lot of responsibilities in an international and challenging environment in new and modern offices in central of Gothenburg.
Type of employment: Fulltime.
Commencement date: soonest, or as per agreement.
We will review applicants continuously so please send your CV and cover letter to us as soon as possible, and latest February 24, 2019.
For questions about the position, please contact Manager for the technical department Mats Abrahamsson tel: +46 31 352 07 89 or HR Onshore Manager Sandra Palmgren tel: +46 (0)31 352 07 15.
Please also refer to our website www.floatel.se for more information and to apply for the position.